03/06/2014

My 40th Birthday Invitation


Jamie designed this lovely invitation to celebrate my 40th birthday.  It's at one of my fave Bristol summer spots, the Clifton Lido.  I originally designed diy temporary tattoos but although they looked great they didn't work well so it was back to the drawing board.

The final invite used this gorgeous poolside photograph taken in Athens in the 1960's by American photographer Slim Aarrons who made a career from "photographing attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places" which makes me think how much more elegant celebrities and socialites were 50 years ago!

I'll post more from the party night itself but before then I have Violet's 4th birthday Friday so am busy planning a little celebration for her too.  

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to hearing about your party. Sounds amazing, I love lidos. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.