13/06/2013

Vintage Party Invitations {Violet is 3}


I've been meaning to write about Violet's party invitations since we made them two weeks ago.  It was her birthday on the 6th and we've had her party already - I'll write about what we got up to in a later post - today's about the invitations which regular readers will know I love making.

These are about the size of an average postcard and because we were celebrating by having a picnic in the woods I wanted to create something that reflected nature and outdoors.  I spent a evening on e-bay looking at vintage postcards and found the two pictures above which I couldn't choose between so I used them both.  I printed them on watercolour paper to give them a nice thickness and added gold foil print to highlight Violet's big event (I had to get this done by a proper printer-person).    I was a little nervous about having 15 children outdoors given the English weather but we had the most glorious day of sunshine.  I can't quite believe how lucky we were given that I'm writing this with rain and storm clouds outside.

10 comments:

  1. They are beautiful party invites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, and original. Your invitations are always inspired. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian - it's something I really love getting creative with!

      Delete
  4. They are beautiful :) 6 years old, my goodness they grow too quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful invitations. Your braver than me, I love the idea of holding J's party on the Heath across form our house, with visions of bunting in the trees and little tents for hiding, but I just don't trust the English weather! Our house isn't big enough for a decamp if the heavens open! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally threw myself open fate here (we live in a tiny flat that we can just about squeeze in on our own!). I told everyone the Plan B was waterproofs and wellies! But thankfully we were rewarded with sunshine and it did make the party I think. Go for it!

      Delete
  6. So beautiful! Love the gold lettering; you'll have to tell me which printer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Honey. Will have a natter when we catch up at Lou's!

      Delete
  7. I always love seeing your beautifully designed invitations. I hope you have kept each years design in a scrapbook for your children to see when they are all grown-up. So precious. Bekka x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.