22/04/2013

Spring Woodland


We had a break in the cold weather on Saturday and were treated to morning of full sunshine and warmth . So we headed to our local woodland for a picnic and Spring walk. J made sandwiches for everybody and I love the way he labelled the bags. We sat by a stream, made dens, watched butterflies and drank hot coffee from a Thermos in the sun.  It made me realise how much I've been waiting, longing, for Spring.

There's something about this picture of E I really like, even though she doesn't quite look herself.


The winter has been so long this year there were no bluebells yet, but lots of wild garlic and primroses.

5 comments:

  1. that sounds like a lovely day. thank goodness Spring is finally here and we have a little warmth! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. It makes such a difference to everything! A friends little boy said today "people are happier when the sun is out" and I quite agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your daughter is beautiful, happy spring dearest xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks beautiful!

    I have just found your blog and I am now following via Blog Loving; I am also based in Bristol, near St Werburgs farm. What beautiful weather we had at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely. We went looking for bluebells recently too - with no luck. Everything is a bit behind this year, eh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.