03/03/2013

Eloise's Birthday Invitation {5 years old}


It's the start of birthday season.
The first is E's in March, then V's in June then finally Z's in August.  After Z's birthday I breathe a huge sigh of relief and get six months off before starting to plan things again in February.
I always design invitations and do the parties myself.  I think this is because when I was a child the trend for hiring party entertainers wasn't around and also because I really enjoy putting a party together myself. The other reason is because with three children they do so much day-to-day sharing I really like to be able to give them something special on their birthdays.
For E's invitation I scanned different Liberty fabrics and used this to design a bunting card.  I printed it onto thick A5 card and used a corner cutter to round off the edges. As it's E's 5th birthday I added glitter to 5 of the flags and put each invitation into glassine bags with 5 gold stars (and some hole-punch confetti).


For the actual party I'm planning on making personalised bunting for each child, and am just working out the quickest, cheapest, easiest but also most beautiful way of making it.  I'll keep you posted but I sense a few late nights ahead!

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea!

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the snaps from the day itself.

    See you on Friday! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make so much effort - it's so lovely. Really, really pretty bunting. Did you use a normal printer to make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just my used my home printer. It's a Canon (nothing flashy or expensive) but it has a scanner, and that's all you need.

      Delete
  4. I've just found your blog through the Sainsbury's blog network, and I'm so glad I have, your pictures are beautiful, you capture your family so well. Sounds like a very fabulous birthday party is on the cards, look forward to seeing your post about it.

    http://littlehouseofours.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those invitations are just beautiful, they really are. I can't wait to see what you do with the bunting!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those invitations are just exquisite. I can remember my 5th birthday even now as my mum always made lots of effort with parties and I'm sure Eloise will too. A lovely keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, amazing invites, amazing mum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your invites! Can't wait to see what delights you created for the party x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is beautiful...i am thrilled to find you via a comment you left on another blog! now going to check out some more of your posts. hello and have a lovely weekend! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for some ideas for birthday invitations for my dad's birthday on June 29th. i wish to create my own too. thanks for giving some ideas. Keep it up and more power on your blog.!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.