11/02/2013

Indoor Den Building


We've had so much fun over the years creating indoor dens and they've rescued may a cold rainy indoor afternoon.  Like last year, I've teamed up with Emma from Bradshaw & Sons for a fortnight of indoor den celebrations.

I love the simplicity of a handful of blankets, broomstick handles and bed knobs being transformed into cosy nooks and secret hideaways.  With February being wet and cold here it's the perfect time to snuggle up with a book in a cosy house made of blankets and have fun if you're stuck indoors.

If you'd like to get involved, we'd love to see your pictures on our Indoor Den Flickr group or just drop us a line on Instagram (@bristolparentingcafe or @ _emmabradshaw) and I'll post some of our creations over the next fortnight too.

Happy Den Making!

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! We've been making dens all weekend but I didn't manage to snap any of them. I know exactly what we'll be doing tomorrow though and I'll definitely drop you a line on Flikr x Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! It's definitely been den weather over the weekend! Look forward to seeing your snaps!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this I can't wait to build dens with Albie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Albie would really like it if you had fairy lights inside...but you might have to wait a few years for the full 'taking over the sofa with brooms' experience!

      Delete
  3. I am just bidding on old clothes horses on ebay at the moment to help with den/post office/puppet theatre etc building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has the bidding finished? Did you get it? Can I see a picture?

      Fingers crossed for you!

      Delete
  4. I don't have children but I would love to build this for myself!! I used to be a huge fort and tent builder when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobii and thank you for leaving a comment. I would love to see a picture of a proper grown-up den - pleeeease make one and send me a picture!

      Delete
  5. Lovely memories for your children, C, and what beautiful blankets they get to use! Are they all handmade? I want to photograph them and put them on my blog.

    I have such strong memories of building dens as a child - this has brought them all flooding back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Catherine, Love the way the light shines through your crochet blanket! We have been den building too, blogged here:http://circleofpinetrees.com/indoor-den-building/ Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    I love the little tags you put on your images... So sute!
    Can I ask what you use?

    Great blog!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.