26/01/2013

Dresssing Up


We've had a lazy day today, the children playing with lego and J and I pottering around the house.

In the afternoon E casually walked into the living room wearing my 1920s beaded Reiss dress.  It's all about 'pretty' wtih E at the moment - she can't understand why I don't wear beaded chiffon dresses every day.

She looks beautiful don't you think? I was so taken by how lovely she looked I was going to cut and resew the dress at the shoulders so it would fit her properly.  Thankfully Josie and Karen were on hand to tell me not to (thank you Instagram!)

It's going back into my wardrobe where I hope she'll rediscover it at some point in the future and look equally delightful.

13 comments:

  1. I am imagining her looking beautifully vintage at her prom....or just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Karen - and for stopping me from picking up the scissors!

      Delete
  2. Oh she is a beautiful girl... yes don't cut it. As you say, let her find it again in the future. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's safely back in the wardrobe! Cant't wait for it to warm up and hopefully we can hang out!

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely image, such a pretty little girl! Love how it captures that whole dressing up thing so well, trying on mum's clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Polly. It's very sweet and she just needed some high heels to match!

      Delete
  4. What a darling girl you have, a beautiful shot x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie too, I love instagram for that!

      Delete
  5. To agree with you instagram friends, your daughter looks adorable in the dress but don't cut it up!! It's a really nice dress - let her discover it again when she's older. A really beautiful photo though.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a beautiful dress and E looks wonderful. But she will look even more gorgeous wearing it in twenty years time :-)
    I hope you're well and here's to a happy half term!
    Josie
    Thank you for linking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a beautiful dress and E looks wonderful. But she will look even more gorgeous wearing it in twenty years time :-)
    I hope you're well and here's to a happy half term!
    Josie
    Thank you for linking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet sweet picture! Glad you haven't cut up the dress too! Thanks for your congratulations on the award the other day - thought you were deserving too, so have included BPC in my list of nominees should you choose to accept!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.