13/08/2012

Bristol Balloon Festival

Each year in August Bristol hosts an amazing Hot Air Balloon Festival.  Over 150 hot air balloons take off over 3 days and the sky really is something to behold.  The weather this year was perfect, so for a keen photographer and blogger it's the chance to capture some really special photographs.  Lovely summer hazy light, scores of beautiful colour balloons and my three beautiful children.

This year I came home with this.


This is now the face V pulls every time she sees a camera pointed at her, quickly followed by 'my see, my see' and then she falls into hysterics when you show her the shot!  It's hilarious!

9 comments:

  1. watermelon !!! Sorry I had to say it. She is tooo cute! And yes to your comment.. it would be great to see you all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's catch up when I back from holidays and we can swap Cornwall stories!

      Delete
  2. So great you got so close, my brother saaid there was an "up" balloon! We watchen them sunday evening from little park in clifton, quiet enough for a BBQ :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha, so cute. I have lived in Bath for 5 years and still haven't managed to go to the balloon festival. Maybe next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must! Particularly if the weather's nice for once and all the balloons manage to launch. You'll love it, I pretty much guarantee it.

      Delete
  4. So cute! My toddler does pulls a face and shouts "no!" when a camera is directed at him, then rushes to see the photo on the camera screen. Bet the kids loved the balloons though. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I remember going as a child - it's proper Bristol, isn't it? Been trying to locate a home video my dad made of us all there one year so if I do I'll put it up on my blog. Thanks for your sweet words about Ted's birth story x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard about this festival, but what amazing weather! Your daughter totally cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely.

    Balloons in the sky = Bristol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.