21/07/2012

Z's Superhero 6th birthday party


The sun shone gloriously today just in time for Z's joint sixth birthday party with his friend A.  I was so pleased when I opened the curtains this morning!

The superhero training day started with all the children been given a t-shirt with a lightning bolt sewn on the front.  Here's a picture of the birthday boys who had special red ones instead of navy or grey like all the guests.



Each child also had a score sheet and had to complete tasks to qualify.  J planned some great games around the theme of superhero skills including an obstacle course for speed, guess what's in the bag just using your hands to test x-ray vision and waterballooning the villains.  


At the end of the party everyone who passed earned an initialied superhero cape which attached to the t-shirt at the shoulders with velcro. Anyone who follows me on Instagram will know there was some serious late night sewing to get the capes finished on time, but I was really pleased with them.  



Although we had a fantastic time this was the first children's party that my Mum hasn't been able to come to. Mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour a few weeks ago and wasn't well enough to travel to Bristol today.  I know she will read this and I want her to know that we missed her very much.  But we are going to make sure that she will be there for Z's actual birthday on August 15th and we all send her lots of love.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Cathy I am so sorry about your Mum. I met at V's naming ceremony, she is very lovely. Please pass on my get wells to her. And huge hugs to you all. Ziggy's birthday looks amazing!!! Where is it held? That building is cool. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Honey, that's so sweet of you about Mum. The venue was Boiling Wells in St Werburghs, it's amazing. I was thinking about booking it for the whole day this summer with lots of other families, as it's a lovely in the sunshine, with an outdoor kitchen and some indoor space too.

      Delete
  2. WOW what an amazing party - those cloaks what a labour of love! Sorry about your mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cazzy! They were indeed! They ended up being much better than I originally thought but also took a LOT longer to make. It's very nice that's it's Sunday today and I have no sewing to do!

      Delete
  3. Cathy, yet again your skills astound me! What an amazing, brilliant birthday party. And gorgeous pictures.

    So sorry to hear about your Mum too. Sending you cyber hugs from Yorkshire. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday party. Such a shame your mum couldn't be there - you must be so worried about her. Bet she'll love seeing your photos; they're brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sorry to hear your mum had to miss the party. This is such a lovely post with some great snaps, which surely is the closest thing to being there. What an amazing party - love the capes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. The party looks amazing! those capes! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those capes are super cool. What great take home gifts! Sorry to hear about your mum, it must be a very worrying time for all your family.
    I have nominated you for the Reader Appreciation Award because I love the design and feel of your blog. Check out my latest post for details. However, if you haven't time for all the 'questions' I won't be offended. I just do appreciate your blog as a reader!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your Mum, that must be hard for you all.

    Those capes look amazing, and I just loved the invitations you made, they were fantastic. For some reason you stopped coming up in my blog reader and I've missed lots of great posts! Off to have a read now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, thanks Gillian. That happens to me too, some blogs just don't seem to come up. But welcome back and than you for your kind note.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello lovely, everything looks AMAZING, 10 out of 10! How you managed to pull that of after the bad news about your mum is a miracle...no wonder you are tired (sorry, i hadn't seen the blog post yet when you came to the shop, otherwise i would have given you a HUGE hug!) So sorry to hear about your mum. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely idea for a party, you could have has superhero face painting too, like on www.absolutelypaintedfaces.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.