18/06/2012

Instagram - a little late to the party



When I was younger I wondered how it was that adults were so out of touch with the zeitgeist.  I was pretty certain I'd never be like that.  But now I know, I really do know. I spent 6 years making 3 children, and by the time I'd caught on my sleep the whole world seemed to have changed.  Fashion-wise everyone was wearing belts around their middle, music-wise I still haven't caught up (what is Dubstep exactly?) and technology-wise the whole social media thing happened. 

I was too busy changing nappies to keep up with anything going on outside my family.  I was pretty pleased with myself when I figured out how to write a blog and upload pictures but that was the sum of it.  But the longer I ducked out the faster the world seemed to move forward and now that Violet is 2 I've decided I need to catch up. And it's been a revelation. Last month I upgraded to an i-phone to find out what the whole 'app' thing was all about and the first thing I did was fall in love with Instagram.  Here's a small selection of pictures I've taken over the last 4 weeks - the lenses really beautify everything!  It's been lovely to find so many familiar and new bloggers on there too.  I'm happy to have taken this small step back into the wider world.  If anyone has any tips on great apps please do let me know! 

So now I've just got Twitter, playsuits and Facebook to conquer.  And who is Simon Cowell? 

14 comments:

  1. I've been loving your pictures. I need to catch up too! Technology moves too fast for me so once I get my head round one thing, something new has come along to replace it. I must upgrade my phone as it's on it's last legs more than anything else! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jen, me too! I can't get my head round things only being around for 5 minutes (fashion, music, technology - films! Didn't films used to by in the cinema for much longer than they are now?). I am really enjoying my new phone - would def recommend!

      Delete
  2. Isn't Instagram fun? My younger daughter's boyfriend introduced me to it and I've all but abandonned my camera ever since. I've been on Facebook for years now and seriously don't know what I'd do without it, but although I've got a Twitter account I can't see the point unless I'm prepared to spend more time on it than I can justifiably afford. As for Simon Cowell ... I wouldn't bother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I think your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but really, Instagram makes it pretty hard to take a bad picture!

      Delete
  4. baby, i SO know what you're talking about!
    Oh and are you pinning already...i fell in love with that last week X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you this afternoon - sorry to rush off. Darn - forgot to stock up on more washi tape!

      Delete
  5. I sooooo know how you feel - twelve years on and three kids later I could almost cry at how fast things seem to move and change.

    I love my iPhone and Instagram - I think it must be the only 'up there and with it now' thing I'm actually part of. Even my eldest is impressed I've succumbed to the whole smart phone thing....gawd I feel old!

    Gorgeous pictures by the way - I shall have a peek out for you.

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Nina - just requested to follow you so look forward to feeling 'up there and with it' together. My children are too young to know how out of touch I am, but Man, I'm dreading them finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving seeing you on Instagram - it's my new guilty pleasure!!! And yes the filters make all pictures look amazing. My tan sandals suddenly looked gorgeous... that when I showed Fran them at the weekend she couldn't believe they were the same pair. (in other words they looked shit in real life!). xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you have the most loved sandals in the world - maybe except V who took her new red ones to bed with her this evening! I'll head out tomorrow for some more snaps - been too busy working today!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for finding me on Instagram and leading me here! What a lovely space :) I love Instagram too. Totally addicted in fact. Such lovely little community. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did it! Looks beautiful, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahha! I so resonate with this post! I too felt like I had come out of baby world through a different door than I'd come in via. Even the whole mobile phone thing passed me by as I really didn't want to be contacted at someone else's whim. That was the reason why I started a blog & got digital. I have half heartedly attempted twitter, but really? How often do I need to be on here! Facebook has entered my realms so I am feeling less panicked by the tech revolution. iPhone is next on the list because instagram just rocks! But I probably still won't give anyone my number, so I can still do it on my own time!
    love Jacs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.