17/03/2012

Felt Birthday Crowns


Hello....it's been a little while!  I've been so busy preparing for E's 4th birthday party today, I've barely turned on my computer during the last fortnight.  But now the party's over I can share some of my pics.  The party was centred around these felt crowns which Kirsty and I spent three weeks making, using an old wool blanket and coloured felt.  We made one for each child with their initials beautifully embroidered by Kirsty.  Each jewel was removable with velcro.  We told a story at the beginning of the party about a box of treasure and a naughty elf who had stolen the jewels from the crowns so each child was initially given an empty crown, like in the left hand photo below.  After each game the children earned a jewel, so that by the end of the party they had a fully jewelled crown to take home with them.  I'll be doing some more posts about the games we played but now I have to go to bed - children's birthday parties are exhausting!  

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous party theme and I love how you made the crowns, so much love! Children's parties are very exhausting, I imagine you went to sleep with a big smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy those crowns are astonishing! I bet those princesses had a fantastic day that they will remember forever. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. blimey - you work hard! I hope the other mama's appreciate your hardwork! Those crowns are a work of art..maybe this is the career you should be branching off into. Childrens birthday supplies and themes.. cos you totally rock at this! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mum you are doing all that hard work, but they look so good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God you are amazing. What a brilliant idea and such a lovely take home present. Hope you made yourself a crown because you are the queen of party mums!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe... I hope your daughter had a wonderful time. Those crowns are awesome. And what a lot of work! Well done you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea! Those crowns are brilliant - they must have taken you forever to make! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are birthday queens and deserve crowns yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.