04/03/2012

Birthday Preparations...


It's E's birthday on the 14th of March, and I've finally finished her party invitations - hooray!  I used a piece of old blanket and chain-stitched her name and age on the front, along with herring bone stitch and a couched line along the border. I tried to sew bias-binding along the edge but it defeated me, so instead I tucked some pom-pom trim left over from Z's home-made tent along the edge before photographing and printing up.  The details of the party are printed on the reverse.  E is so excited, I'm asked 'how many sleeps until my birthday?' on a daily basis.  E's having a joint party with her friend Esme, the daughter of one of my best friends - by happy coincidence they were born two days apart.  I love the idea that they will have known each other since they were born! Kirsty wasn't defeated by the bias binding and I love the invitation she made too.




10 comments:

  1. Good grief you and your friend are talented, what lucky children. I think for my daughter's birthday I sent a text. Yeah, lazy parenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just beautiful Cathy! You should be making and selling those. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful invitations.
    Slowly stitched with plenty of love and mindfulness ... I can't think of a more wonderful way to start birthday celebrations !
    Looking forward to hearing more about your party preparations,

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY idea for a birthday invitation - i may nick it for my son's third birthday in May. For a minute I thought you'd sewn every invitation and nearly had a panic attack of crafty-maternal-inadequacy but phew!, once i read on i realised you'd photographed it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love these. They look utterly gorgeous and I'm inspired to try that stitch - what's it called? The one used for the lettering. Lovely. Lucky girls - happy birthday to the pair of them. Mrs B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are incredible! Shame it's just been my birthday as I would definitely used this idea for my invitations! I've tagged you over on my blog, if you fancy checking it out! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is simply beautiful!
    I hope she has a lovely birthday.
    It's birthday month here too, my youngest is 4 years old on the 25th March!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just seen that Bushel and Peck has tagged you - so have I at my place! Those invites are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea for invitations! Hope she has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! They are amazing! I am always so amazed by how talented and creative you are. I feel privileged to have this window into your world for inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.