03/02/2012

Den-making III



We've been indulging in one of our favourite activities - indoor den making.  I've written about our dens previously here and here and this our latest creation.  We've previously just used 4 broom handles and one bed, but E got a bit cross about not having her own den, so I duly went to our local hardware shop and bought 4 more to make a separate den for her.  J came up with the genius idea of creating one gigantic den and it totally transformed their bedroom.  So far the den has been a school and a market place and V loves hiding in there.

8 comments:

  1. Their little nest looks so cosy. How lovely. Makes me want to be little again X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about doing this the other day. Do you remember it was last year we were talking about having a national indoor den building day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved making dens - and there should be a national indoor den building day for sure! Shall we make a date?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun I used to make them for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello C
    I love the new den!
    We've had lots of den building this week too - I've some pics over at my place. Maybe it's the season for indoor dens, because they seem to be cropping up all over blogland!
    Have fun in yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic dens! (we call them cubby's, I think, in Australia) Your's look so cosy :) I think we need to invest in some broom handles, and some big big gorgeous blankets like you have. My kids get very frustrated when their little blankets fall off whatever it we have tried to cover, and they never want any gaps! ;) Must do better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I want IN that den! Hey beautiful, just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award. love & hugs, Jacs x
    http://keepapi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! Love the way it looks lit from within, very cosy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.