16/11/2011

Waldorf Star Lanterns

I'm having a lantern making week! Today we made these beautiful Waldorf Star Lanterns, which are my new favourite winter craft. They are incredibly beautiful, and once you get the hang of the folding, pretty simple to make. My one main tip would be to be make sure all the folds are pressed firmly down at the beginning as it makes the process a lot easier. I used 160g watercolour paper, which the children painted in different colours.

I found two tutorials which I found here and here, which both have brilliant step by step instructions.

7 comments:

  1. Oh they are just so lovely! I must have a go at making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful - thanks for including the instructions too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are stunning. Will definitely be making someone, thanks for the links to tutorials. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love these. They could be one of our activities for our advent calendar! Yippee. One down, 24 to find! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect timing! My daughter's been asking this morning to make lanterns. I love the idea of using painted watercolour paper too. They look just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi C :-)
    Aren't they beautiful? So effective and elegant too. Thank you for the links.
    And your acorn caps on the previous post are just so delightful!
    Happy days to you,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they turned out lovely! and thanks to linking to my tutorial : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.