22/10/2011

Snapshot of E


Time is flying. Z is reading, V is saying her first words and E's vocabulary increases by the day. I've never been one for filling in baby books and amongst the washing, feeding, cleaning, crafting and general business of family life it's easy for the little pieces of childhood magic to pass by in the blink of an eye. So I thought I'd write occasional snapshot posts to remind me of family life at this exact moment. I'll start with E wearing an outfit that combines her favourite things - tulle and sequins.

E has an imaginary Granny who made her first appearance while we were camping in the New Forest. We drove past a castle and E said 'Lorifer lives there'. Lorifer gets mentioned daily, drives a Mini and has 22 children! Frustratingly for me Lorifer has done everthing! So if we're somewhere E hasn't been before she'll nonchalantly turn to me and say '...actually I've already been here with Lorifer, last week!'. E loves pink and yellow and choosing her clothes each morning. She loves drawing, picking flower petals and writing her name. E has her own language: Dupuse means you've hurt yourself, Oshy means you don't want something and Fidfid means take your shoes off. She loves making up incomprehensible 'knock-knock' jokes. She's been 3 and a half years of fun!

6 comments:

  1. How peaceful they look when asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely. She sounds like a very bright little girl with a great imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cathy this is just beautiful! I love this sooo much! She is such a sweetheart and looks so like you. We have very unfunny knock knock jokes too...such as knock knock, who's there? potato, potato who? potato likes a carrot. hilarious! not. cute yes, funny no. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, I have no time to create baby books either :-( I do however keep a book of the silly things they have said that always raises a smile when I read back through it :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is so beautiful and peaceful. I find baby books difficult to keep up with this is a lovely way to remember what your little ones were doing, these moments are very special and cute too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.