13/09/2011

Z's Magic Birthday Invitations

It's party time again here with Z's 5th on the horizon. He was actually born in August but I've delayed the party until everyone is back from their holidays. This year the invite has a pull-out tab that turns the number 5 from black and white to colour. I love the way they've turned out, which is good as they were a lot more difficult to make than I thought they would be. J is a graphic designer and he pretty much took over when I got stuck. I got a little frustrated with the precision engineering required to make the pull-out mechanism work properly and lining up the colour with the outline. Now they are finished I'm glad we stuck with it because they are fun and Z absolutely loves them. He will be handing them out today in the envelopes he helped make with simple brown paper and patterned tape.


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Happy birthday Z for last month. Hey when are we hooking up? Haven't seen you in ages! Louxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands down the coolest invitations I have ever seen. I am amazed! Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're lovely! Happy birthday to Z. Enjoy your party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they are fantastic - your hard work really paid off. Happy birthday to Z hope he has a wonderful party x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful invitations! Definitely worth the effort. Happy Birthday Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are absolutely amazing and what a fab idea! Hope Z has the best birthday party x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are fantastic. I see a sales opportunity with those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're brilliant - well done!! Love the envelopes too! Hope Z has a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so good when they can help with things for there party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so lovely.
    Hope it was a very happy birthday
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - now there's an invitation and a half! Now I'm dying to know if Z's party is to have a theme; Magic or Colours maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! They look amazing! What a fantastic idea! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.