20/08/2011

Plum picking and jam making

Our friend Nicola has a plum tree in her garden laden with fruit. Before she went on holiday last Friday she gave us the keys to her gate and said we could help ourselves in return for a jar of plum jam - yay! Typically the only days I've been free this week have been wet and overcast except for today. Which is why I find myself making plum jam at midnight the night before we go on a fortnight's holiday. I really, really do have other things I should be doing but we now have 14 jars of delicious jam so despite being very tired I'm very content. We shall be taking a jar with us to Cornwall to eat over breakfast if I've accidentally made compote which is how it seemed when I poured it into the jars a few minutes ago.

2 comments:

  1. Or to pour over clotted cream ice cream! Have a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.