09/08/2011

Making Jam Tarts

We spent a lovely afternoon baking with friends. We made jam tarts - they are easy-peasy so perfect for a spot of baking during a summer rain shower. We made ours extra pretty by putting pastry hearts on top.

Ingredients
12 teaspoons strawberry jam
255g plain flour
140g hard butter
6 tbsp cold water

Method
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/ 190 degrees
Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
Add the water tablespoon by table spoon until it is a moist dough
Grease a cupcake tray and cut the pastry into circles
Put the jam into the pastry
Top with a pastry heart or shape
Bake on Gas Mark 5 for 12-15 mins

5 comments:

  1. oh yum! Great idea, I just don't have the patience at the moment with my boys. I shall have to try harder. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's super easy and they are delicious, next time it's raining I def recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jam tarts and lemon curd tarts too, mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I've been wanting to make jam tarts for ages and you've just motivated me! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you just LOOK at that little face in the top pic. That is a gorgeous photo. The totally absorbed in his task.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.