30/07/2011

Bowood House



We spend yesterday with friends at Bowood House, a beautiful stately home in Wiltshire. Within the grounds is a wonderful adventure area with aerial walkways, trampolines, huge slides, a ball pool, zip wire and acres of space to run around - my children's idea of heaven!

On the way home we took a detour to see The White Horse cut into the chalk hillside at Cherhill.

We had an exciting moment on the way home when we turned a corner and found ourselves driving under a hot air balloon just metres above us - cue great excitement from the back seats.

In the car we played 'I spy' which included:

'..something beginning with ch'.....TREES
'..something beginning with L'.....lellow flowers
..something beginning with B'....Violet.

We've been doing more gorilla hunting today and captured another 17 - yay!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Bowood- such fun, we went there with Lou from Little Green Shed and her family, in the easter hols. Re the gorillas- have a look at this faby yarn-bomb! http://nannadknits.blogspot.com/2011/07/gorilla-knitting-wow-gorillas-gone.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day out. Loving those gorillas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bowood House is a great place to visit and that balloon..wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Difficult to win at "I Spy" today then! Glad you had fun at Bowood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing day out! Your car game made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember how spotting hot air balloons from the back of my parent's car was always terribly exciting! I'm still waiting for my trip in one though… I guess that would be the grown-up version of the same excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.