18/05/2011

Violet's Naming Invite



We've finished designing Violet's Naming day invitation for June 11th. We used an old botanical print with Violet flowers and butterflies.


I spent the whole of my pregnancy expecting a boy who was going to be named Alexander (Lex). So when I heard J say 'it's a girl' it was back to the drawing board. All the girls names I liked Jamie wasn't keen on - including Olive, Maisy and Ava. In the end J chose her middle names and I chose Violet. It was only about 2 weeks later that I realised we had two flowers in her name - but it's a pretty name for our pretty little girl.

11 comments:

  1. really nice ! And with a gorgeous name like that she's ready to become a new style classic actress ! X Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, what a great idea, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violet is a beautiful name and the cards are gorgeous. It was the same with us for Isabella x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous, so vintage. I love her name, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter has a really gorgeous name. Lucky her. And lucky her with those beautiful invites too. I hope the sun shines for you on June 11th. Mrs B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love her name, and I love your invites - the botanical drawings are so gorgeous and match her name to perfection. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so beautiful Catherine, you are so clever, emma x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous is that! LOVE it. And a beautiful name to match.
    I saw a collection of tea-packet cards at Birmingham Botanical Gardens last year. They had the same botanical drawing style - though of trees not flowers; I thought they looked beautiful then. Glad you reminded me of them. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just so beautiful, Cathy! I love it. Oh happy naming day little V... lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello C
    These are stunningly beautiful invites and will be treasured by the recipients, I'm sure. I love all those names - in fact, they're three of my favourite girls names :-)
    I also love the idea of a Naming Ceremony - I'd love to know more about such an event, as it would be wonderful to have a special day for our two little people at some point in the future - maybe this could be the kind of ceremony we choose?
    Wishing you a very happy weekend,
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.