05/05/2011

Rainbow Colour Wheel

Remember these from when you were little? I'd forgotten all about them but Z and E talk about their favourite colours a lot and reminded me of colour wheels. I cut out all the templates last night and this morning they painted the frames with glue and put the wheel together themselves.

This is a super easy and fun little project - I also thought they'd make great inexpensive gifts for party bags.

You'll need:
Black Card
Pieces of coloured acetate - red, blue, yellow
Glue
A split pin to fasten them together

Instructions
Cut out 6 frames from black card (mine are 15cm long, 8cm wide at the top, 3cm wide at the bottom)
Cut out a slightly smaller frame from each colour of accetate
Sandwich the yellow acetate between two black frames and stick with glue
Repeat for blue and red acetate
Place frame on top of each other and punch a hole at the bottom
Fasten with a split pin.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. cool! I dont think I made these when I was little, but then again we used abacuses! And obviously I can't spell! lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a very good idea for a very unique craft!! Good idea!!

    Best,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful idea! Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really clever idea. It's brilliant for little ones who are learning about colouring mixing. Thank you for that great idea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea! We'll try this out for sure! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.