29/03/2011

Bristol Zoo Gardens


I kept Z at home today and we visited Bristol Zoo Gardens, to see the Christmas Eve lion cubs. We managed to catch a glimpse before they were taken by the keepers to be given vaccinations. I'd never visited the Butterfly Forest before and it captivated V who loved watching them flutter around her. I must post a photo of V soon - yesterday she surprised us all by clapping on request! The Zoo Gardens are beautiful as well, laid out with picnic areas, open spaces and lots of spring colour. The magnolias and tree blossom were stunning and despite a rainy start we were lucky the sun came out briefly and brightened our day.

Also, a big hello to Lou from Little Green Shed as we bumped into each other for the first time today, so nice to meet you, Lou!


7 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you too! I am still smiling! Yes it will be lovely to have a cuppa even if it's only half an hour during lunch break...I dunno what I was talking about! Let me know when you are free... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely springy day too :) So cool that you met Lou!!
    My first ever job was at the "Butterfly & Insect House" in Australia - I had to feed the butterflies and other insects, and give guided tours. I got so used to big tropical butterflies flying around, I know I took it for granted. I wish I could take my kids there now, they would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, we were at the zoo today too. We saw the lion cubs when they came back from their jabs. The mummy lion got very cross with the zookeepers for having taken them away- she was really fierce! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bristol zoo - we visited a while ago and I got totally carried away and joined for the year thinking I would be constantly zooming down the motorway...MUST go very soon, especially to see the baby lions and the entire blogging world that seems to hang out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lou, how about we browse the charity shops together as I've got a feeling that's how you spend your lunch-breaks? Laura - I saw that too - she was really fierce with the keepers as I would be if someone took V away without my permission! Karen, you must visit soon the cubs were amazing. We can have a bloggers get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it was completely understandable, bless her! The cubs are super cute, Karen- definitely worth a visit. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know they had lion cubs! Will have to rethink our visit this month to include a little lion looky :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.