03/03/2011

3rd Birthday Invitation


Hooray, I've finally done E's birthday invitations. It's similar to the idea I used for Z's 4th birthday party but much more pink. I added three ranunculas to celebrate E being born in the Spring and because they're one of my favourite flowers. The background fabric is a beautiful bib that belonged to my Great Aunt and V now wears. I made the flags using toothpicks and japanese masking tape from Papermash and the little flags just seen at the bottom were made using the February 2010 pattern that you can download from Lovely Design. Here's the work in progress with lots of things I didn't end up using in the final version - it took me ages to tidy up!



11 comments:

  1. The invitations have turned out gorgeous, Nic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely! Such a clever idea. Does this mean I'm invited? ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Supercutetilly, I really enjoyed making them even though I did no work at all! Lou - please come! I'm in the middle of party-preparing like crazy - I also need more boys - E only wants girls and then one boy who she does swimming lessons with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely gorgeous! I wish it was my Birthday ;-)
    Just in case the busyness here takes over and I don't get to visit for a while - Here's wishing Eloise a most Wonderful Birthday and the Happiest of Parties !!!
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these invitations you make. What do you put on the back? X

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a brilliant way to capture a collection of loveliness! Good luck with all the party prep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your lovely comments. Emma - the back has a plain photograph of the beautiful bib fabric shown on the front with all the party details typed over it. Usually there is something important I've forgotten like the date or place but this time I think I think I've covered everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Catherine, what a spectacular job - well done! I really see what Rhi was talking about now ☺. J x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane and thank you for commenting - we definitely love the same types of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.