04/12/2010

Christmas Tree Wishes


We don't have enough room for a Christmas Tree, not even a tiny one. It makes me a little sad that we can't choose and decorate a tree together for our first Christmas as a family of five. This weekend, though, we are staying at my parents house where there is a beautiful Norwegian Spruce in the sitting room - I love the decorations and it made me feel very Christmassy. Z and E were so excited to see it twinkling in the window when we arrived. When we get home I'm planning to put a few branches in a vase on our bookshelf and decorate it with baubles, lights and paper angels as a little tree substitute.

6 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for your comment. We are fine, Rufus seems to only have affected. Gorgeous tree decs with your childrens names...have a wonderful weekend. Hope your folks give you some 'me' time whilst you are there. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you haven't been struck down and I hope Rufus is on the mend. I got a lie-in this morning which was wonderful. I love the hearts too. They're from here: http://www.countryheart.co.uk/site/category31_1.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. No room for a tree! That's a bummer, but I'm sure your vase of branches will be lovely (incidentally, I just noticed the heart with your Z's name on it, which, while not my Z's name, was one on my husband's list before they were born!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some really sweet trees I've seen out there in blog world that are made with branches and look so sweet and topped with some pretty decorations it will look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you didnt win XX I'm just going to have a good look at your blog - it looks brilliant X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Catherine. I'm going to try really hard to make our 'tree' lovely and special. Thank you Flossie and Tom, the compliment comes right back at you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.