Yesterday, when Z and E opened their advent jar there was a walnut wrapped up inside. A walnut? They looked at it, and shook it, and wondered what was making it rattle. I discovered they aren't that keen on the taste of walnuts. Once we had opened it we used the shell to make these pretty boats. We ended up making a whole flotilla using shells I had been saving.
You will need:
A few walnut shells
A candle (or plasticine or clay)
- Put glue all around the edge of the walnut shell and dip in glitter.
- Cut a sail shape from your paper - we liked squares best but you can also try triangles.
- Cut the bottom off the cocktail stick so it has a flat base.
- Thread the paper sail through the cocktail stick.
- If using plasticine or clay place this in the bottom of the shell and stick the sail in place, otherwise melt the candle wax into the shell and stand the sail in the wax and allow to set.