05/10/2010

The Home Made Tent


It all started when Z asked me to make a tent for his birthday after seeing this one in a sewing book I picked up in a charity shop. I rather rashly agreed to make it for him and once I had ordered the striped fabric and pom pom trim from Deckhair Stripes there was no going back.

I have to confess I enlisted the help of my Mum to finish it in time for his birthday and they love playing in it. If you'd like to try making a tent RL Trim were fantastic. They made all the wooden tent pegs, rope slips and the wooden pole to go in the middle and were kind enough to organise a next day delivery by courier when I realised I'd left everything to the last minute.

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing Catherine, I must finish our tipi! love the material, simply gorgeous, emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I would never have attempted this without Z's prompting but so glad I did. Can't wait to see your tipi - children love dens, tents and hideaways don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is stunning well done you x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.