02/03/2010

Planning our summer holiday

The sun is shining and my thoughts have turned to summer holidays. With three children under 4 I'm made the decision to take flight-free holidays for the next few years and explore the delights of the UK. I'm unrealistically optimistic about British summers and last year we spent a week in a bell tent in Cornwall which was lovely until the rain came down. For 3 days. So this year I was looking for something outdoorsy but with a bit more luxe. And I think I found it with Love Lane Caravans - I've booked a 6 berth Airstream complete with cooker, fridge and shower so if it rains we've got a solid roof over our head and cooking facilities. It's set in a field with a bonfire and BBQ in the middle and I'm looking forward to toasting marshmallows round an open fire. It's currently being renovated so there aren't any pictures but here's one of their other lovely caravans.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds great! Can't wait to see pics!
    It will be camping in our bell tent this year, we can't afford to do anything else! We just need some sunshine....we don't book ahead, we just weather watch and go when the sun is shining. We are able to do this though as my husband is a teacher so he has the six week holiday over the summer so we can go when we like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, just realised I was reading a 2010 post, not a 2011 post.......now I feel silly LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.