30/03/2010

Ladybird notebooks

I got round to upcycling the damaged Ladybird books I bought at the charity shop and made them into notebooks. I can't take any credit for the idea as I've seen this done before but I'm really pleased with the way they've turned out.

The inside has been filled with scrap paper interspered with salvaged pages which is a great way of using as much of the book as possible. I've bought sets of twig pencils and plan to use them as children's birthday presents.


How to: If you'd like to do something similar I struggled to find a company that could cope with punching the thick covers. Alfred Harris on Kingsdown Parade did mine - they are a traditional old fashioned book binders that I pretty much fell in love with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, they brighten my day.